- Blog Archive
- Top Webcomics Incentive by Jay042
- More Beholder Fan art by Jay042
- New Fan Art from The Beholder by Jay042
- New fan art from argylefox! by Jay042
- New Fan art from The Beholder! by Jay042
- Naked people are noticing me by Jay042
- Settling on watercolors by Jay042
- Why is Hera going naked in the new Wonder Woman? by Jay042
- Sadly, no update this week... by Jay042
- The Nudist on the Super Team by Jay042
- Two pages in the works by Jay042
- 14 Points by Jay042
- Webcomics I read by Jay042
- Fun with site trackers! by Jay042
- Prep for NaNoMangO by Jay042
- Next Update: April 28th by Jay042
- Guess the Bad Guy! by Jay042
- Kaza's First Cameo! by Jay042
- Since I've acquired an actual audience... by Jay042
Paul's been at it again, Kaza and Gwenna visit the Odds and enjoy some sunbathing on the roof.
argylefox of Indifferently Evil was bored and started taking requests on the forum. To try and keep things PG-13 in the forum, I suggested he could do the Commissioner and Wimberly, he had another idea instead...
Paul's gone and done ti again. This time around Kaza and Gwenna get visited by Octobrianna
Clicky to see full size.
It turns out the first review my comic has recived was published a while ago. The Lake Edun Foundation Newsletter (pdf) descibed the comic as an "outstanding contribution to nude culture." That defintiely sounds like my new promo blurb. I hadn't been aware of their review till the newsletter link turned up in the web referrers last week.
I've always known my comic had something of a following inside nudist/ natruist circles. Some of the first people who heard about the comic were part of the forum community for Stephen Crowley's The Bare Pit. Even today that forum remians one of my biggest referral sources. I should also mention Reinder Dijkhuis creator of Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan, Spun Off, and Abui's Travels has been quite generous in mentioning my comic alongside some of these others. I also got a bit of recognition, and the first piece of fan art for the comic, from Paul Hoppe (aka Cosmic Beholder) who did a sketch of Gwenna a while back.
It does give a nice warm feeling when my efforts are getting some notice.
I've been playing around with numerous techniques as I've drawn this comic. But now I really think I'll be settling on the hand colored with watercolors style I've been using for the past few updates. I find I just get more enjoyment out of pulling out the paints and playing around instead of just sticking the plain line art in the computer. So I'm going to be sticking with it, I even picked up a couple art books on watercolors to give me a better idea of what I am doing.